BODY AND CHASSIS SPECS
1. Any full chassis American made metal bodied car –1960 thru the current year. No trucks, vans, convertibles, t-tops, 4-wheel drive, or station wagons allowed. Cars must weigh 3200 pounds with the driver after the race.
2. May run a uni-body chassis American made metal bodied car — 1960 thru the current year. A sub-frame connector may be used to tie the chassis together. This tubing should not extend past the original rails on the front or rear. Do not tie the suspension to these rails. Cars must weigh 3300 pounds with the driver after the race.
3. Rear wheel drive cars only. Must maintain the stock wheelbase. Minimum 107”, if under 107” then add 100 pounds to the right side rocker panel.
4. The front, main, and rear chassis rails must remain in the car and unaltered.
5. You may remove the inner fenders. You may cut the wheel openings for tire clearance. All glass, chrome, grille and such must be removed prior to competition.
6. The body, body mounting position, and overall appearance must retain all stock OEM dimensions and original body lines and contours and must be centered over the wheels. The body must be made from magnetic steel, unless otherwise stated. You may run fabricated doors, front fenders, and hood : but they must appear stock and be securely fastened. The doors and front fenders must be made of magnetic steel or aluminum. You may run a composite hood. If the rear quarter panels are damaged, you may fabricate a new panel over the existing, with the same contours. No other alterations to the body.
7. A minimum of 6” ground clearance must be maintained on the nose and side rocker panels. Skirting allowed, maximum width 6”. May conform to stock rocker panel.
8. No boxed-in interiors allowed. Entire floor pan and firewalls must be un-altered.
9. The front firewall must have all openings covered encase of fire or fluid leak in the engine compartment. The rear firewall must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum to separate the driver’s compartment from the fuel cell area, but the existing firewall must remain intact. Do not gut the inner trunk,tubs must remain over rear tires.
10. Must have the make of car and the required weight on the hood or front fenders.
11. Rear spoiler height is 7” maximum of surface material on top of the trunk lid. No side spoilers, rudders, or support braces. No roof or fender mounted spoilers or fins.
12. Windshield is optional, if removed, you must have fiveprotective bars on the driver’s side. They must be between 4” and5” intervals. They must be magnetic steel. No front side door windows allowed. You may fill in rear side openings, if applicable.
13. Stock appearing bumpers – front and rear. Front and rear bumper bars are recommended. May run an aftermarket nose piece, if necessary.
14. Maximum C. I. is 365.Engine must be in stock location, this means factory height and setback. You may run solid motor mounts, but they must be stock size.
15. No decking allowed on the block, may surface the top of the block to a maximum of .010 Must be a factory production steel block. All components of the engine must be stock production for the serial number of the block, unless otherwise specified.
16. Engine may be balanced, but no stroking or de-stroking of the engine.
17. Stock crankshaft and rods, no modification of any kind. May run the Eagle assembly part # ESP-B13402E-030.
18. Stock type pistons, OEM aftermarket type permitted. No dome top pistons or Keith Black racing pistons of any kind. Must be a four valve relief piston.
19. Stock flywheel — 14.5 pound minimum. Stock clutch — no trick clutch. Pressure plate and release bearing must be stock type or OEM replacement. No oil coolers.
20. Stock production head, no modification of any kind. No double hump or Vortec heads. No angle plug heads on GM cars. No closed chamber (high performance heads) such as 461, 461X, 041, 186, or 492. No minimum C.C. on the heads. No angle milling and cutting inside the valve pocket. No three angle valve job.
21. No pin studs or screw-in studs, unless factory stock. No push rod guide plates or stud girdles.
22. Must have stock size valves and valve springs – no cutting for valve springs. Stock size single valve springs (1.250). Maximum valve sizes are 1.940 intake and 1.500 exhaust. Must be stock type rocker arms or Summit roller tip rocker arms part # SUM-141506. May use poly locks or stock nuts.
23. 450 maximum lift cam, checked at the valve. Must use hydraulic lifters. No mushroom.
24. Must run factory stock cast-iron intake, no modification of any kind. No spacer allowed between the head and the intake.
25. Must run a factory stock four-barrel carburetor, no modification except for jetting and choke housing. Or may run a Holley 500 CFM (4412) or equal replacement in the place of the stock four-barrel. No modification except for choke housing on the Holley. It must pass the track tool. Maximum 1” spacer / adapter allowed to fit the 500 to the intake.
26. Mechanical fuel pump only.
27. Must run a stock distributor. No dual point distributor. May change the distributor cap and run a remote coil. Must run an operable starter in working condition.
28. Headers permitted. Exhaust must exit the rear of the manifold. No zoomies or cross-overs. Un-altered Schoenfeld part # 112530 mufflers or equivalent must be used. Must use a 3” to 2.5” reducer with a minimum 12” long X 2.5” diameter exhaust pipe beyond the mufflers.
29. No test parts or Corvette parts of any kind, unless otherwise specified.
30. May use the sealed GM 602 crate engine with the Holley 500 (4412) carburetor.
31. Transmission and differential must be stock manufactured OEM production. The transmission must have a minimum two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. You may run an automatic transmission. You may weld the rear end gears or run a spool, but no other aftermarket devices. May run a Ford 9” rear end. Must run stock type drum brakes. Must have four wheel working brakes, no adjusters or shut-offs allowed.
32. All cars must have an approved scatter shield and / or approved bell housing.
33. All suspension components must remain stock in their OEM mounting locations for the year make and model of the vehicle.
34. The steering shaft may be a collapsible shaft. Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release are permitted.
35. The stock lower A-frames may not be cut or modified, except for stronger ball joints and suspension bushings. May use aftermarket upper control arms, but must bolt in stock location.
36. Must use stock type magnetic steel shocks bolted in the stock location. No adjustable shocks. No coil spring attached to the shocks.
37. Springs must be in the original position. You may run aftermarket springs, but you may not modify the spring bucket in any way.
38. No screw jacks or wedge bolts. May run spring rubbers and shims. May have an adjustable bucket, but it must be made solid.
39. Adjustable shackles and lowering blocks permitted. Stock type OEM multi-leaf style springs must be magnetic steel.
40. Any steel wheel 8” wide X 15” maximum. Bead lock rims permitted on the right side only. Safety beads required on all wheels. One inch lug nuts recommended. No wheel flares.
41. Racing fuel or pump gas only. No alcohol or additives.
42. If it is not mentioned in the rules, it must be factory stock.
43. Cars will be inspected for tech and safety items prior to competition. Track official has the final approval.
44. A tire rule will be enforced –– Towel City Retread 27.0 X 8.0 X 15.0 (77 compound) or a D.O.T. approved street radial.