2014 SUPER STOCK FOUR CYLINDER NATIONALS RULES
BODY AND CHASSIS SPECS
1. Any stock appearing metal bodied four cylinder car or truck –1965 through the current year.
2. You may run an aftermarket fabricated body. The body must be made from magnetic steel or aluminum. The fabricated body must meet CLR specs as outlined below and shown on spec sheets.If you run an aftermarket fabricated style body, the car must be neat in appearance. No wedge shape or box style bodies. You may use Five Star or Performance Bodies replacement panels. No MD3 type components.
3. Must have the make of car, the required weight, and C.C. on the hood or front fenders.
4. You may use an aftermarket nosepiece and rear bumper cover. Nosepiece may have to be trimmed in the center to meet specs. The nosepiece can extend a maximum 46” from the center of the front hub to the farthest point extending forward. Must match make of car, if applicable. No open rear ends. May use a minimum 18” solid filler panel, in lieu of the rear bumper cover.
5. Boxed-in interiors permitted, but must have a removable inspection panel on the right side. The interior must be strong enough to support the weight of an emergency personnel, if necessary. No dropped interiors.
6. All cars must have a minimum ½” and a maximum of 1” radius at the top of the front fenders, doors, and rear quarter panels. No sharp edges.
7. The hood and front fenders must be level and flat from the left to the right side of the car. The maximum width from fender to fender is 66”. The front fenders may be a maximum 36” in height, measured vertically from the ground to the top of the fenders. No wheel flares to extend beyond 2” of the outer wheel.
8. The door to door measurement must not exceed 70” in width at the top of the door and 74” in width at the at the bottom of the door in the center of the car. No point of the body may be wider than 74”. The doors may be a maximum 36” in height, measured vertically from the ground. The minimum ground clearance will be 4” at any point of the body.
9. The rear quarter panels must not exceed 66” in width at any point as measured at the top of the panel. The maximum height from the ground to the top of the rear deck and quarter panel will be 38”. The maximum distance from the center of the rear hub to the rear edge of the quarter panel is 42”. The rear deck must be tapered in a symmetrical manner from the center of the rear hub to the rear spoiler with a maximum width of 70” at the rear hub and a maximum width of 66” at the spoilerwith a maximum 4” less than at center of rear hub. Maximum slope from the rear height to the front height of body will be 2”.
10. Only aluminum or lexan-type rear spoiler will be permitted. The maximum overall height of the rear spoiler will be 6”. Rear spoiler and braces mustmeet templates. (6” of surface material plus the bends, the top of spoiler may not be bent upward). The maximum width of the rear spoiler will be 62”. The spoiler must be attached solidly to the deck, no raised spoilers or wings. Maximum 3 braces or supports may be used, must meet template.
11. The roof length from front to back must be a minimum of 40” and a maximum of 48”. The roof width from side to side must be a minimum of 46” and a maximum of 50”. The roof must be stock appearing and mounted parallel to the body and centered on the body, as viewed from the front or rear. The minimum height of the roof will be 48” with a maximum height of 54”. A maximum 1 ½” bend or roll, turned downward, will be permitted along the front edge of the roof. A maximum 1” bend or roll, turned downward, will be permitted along the rear edge of the roof. Any other modifications to the roof will not be permitted. The roof may not be flat, it must be sloped up in the center. The roof post and spoiler supports may not overlap. All roof side panels and supports must extend to the edge of the body. The left and right side window sail panels must match, 18” maximum at the top and 36” maximum at the bottom.
12. Entire floor pan and fire walls must be un-altered.The front firewall must have all openings covered incase of fire or fluid leak in the engine compartment. The front roof supports / door jambs must remain intact a minimum of 18” above the chassis rail / rocker panel and they must be braced from the chassis. An extra foot brace may be required, if necessary. The rear firewall must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum to separate the driver’s compartment from the fuel cell area. Tubs must remain or be manufactured over rear tires. If the firewalls are altered or the front roof supports / door jambs are altered, there will be weight penalties will be assessed up to 25 pounds per side for infraction of this rule. (This weight penalty is in addition to total weight)
13. The front, main, and rear chassis rails must remain in the car and un-altered. If the stock chassis rails are modified or altered in any way, there will be a weight penalty for infraction of this rule.You may tie the uni-body chassis together. Absolutely no bracing under the car. If damaged, the front chassis rails may be replaced with tubing in front of the cross member. The sway bar or torsion bars may be connected to this tubing, but no other suspension components. If damaged, the rear chassis rails may be replaced with tubing behind the rear end housing. No solid tubing front to rear.
14. All cars must maintain the stock wheelbase. Rear wheel drive cars only.
15. Windshield is optional, if removed, you must have five protective bars on the driver’s side. They must be between 4” and 5” intervals. They must be magnetic steel. No front side door windows allowed. You may fill in rear side openings, if applicable.
16. All cars must weigh 2300 pounds minimum with the driver after the race, unless otherwise specified.
17. The engine maximum is 2500 C.C. Engine can be bored to the maximum C.C.
18. Engine must be in the stock location, this means factory height and setback. You may run solid motor mounts, but they must be stock size.
19. Zero decking allowed on the block, it must be a factory production steel block. All components of the engine must be stock production for the manufacturer of the block, unless otherwise stated.
20. Any oil pan. May relocate the oil filter. No oil cooler allowed.
21. Must be a stock stroke crankshaft for block being used. Can use any rods. Crankshaft and rods may be stock or aftermarket.
22. Any flat top pistons. Toyota 3TC may run a dome of .235” maximum. Toyota 20R/22R may run a dome of .127” maximum. If you are using OEM factory stock cast replacement pistons with the 3TC (they may be hypereutectic), you may deduct 100 pounds from the total weight.
23. Any clutch and flywheel permitted.
24. Stock production head and intake. No porting, polishing, or acid washing of the runners. Bowl blend allowed. No spacer between the head and the intake. No factory dual plug heads. One spark plug and two valves per cylinder maximum. No aluminum head on Fords. No fuel injected intakes.
25. Head of the valve must be stock diameter for head being used. May cut the spring pocket. Double valve springs permitted.
26. Cutting the lifter boss is permitted. Lash caps are permitted. May be hydraulic or solid lifters.
27. Aftermarket timing gear allowed to match cam key type. External adjuster permitted. No roller cam or rockers. Any lift on a flat tappet cam.
28. Holley 500 CFM (4412) or Holley 350 CFM (7448) must be used. No modification, except for choke housing. It must pass the track tool. Maximum 3” spacer / adapter allowed to fit the Holley to the intake. May cut intake to match adapter bore sizes – No polishing.
29. Mechanical or electric fuel pump permitted.
30. Must run a stock distributor. May run an aftermarket ignition system. No magnetos and no dual point distributor. Must have an operable starter in working condition.
31. Headers permitted. Track approved mufflers must be used.
32. Transmission and differential must be stock manufactured OEM production. The transmission must have a minimum two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. You may weld the rear end gears or run a spool, but no other aftermarket devices. May run an adjuster and right front brake shut-off. Removal of right front brake assembly is allowed, but must have working brakes on other three wheels.
33. All cars must have an approved scatter shield and / or approved bell housing.
34. All suspension components must remain stock in their OEM mounting locations for the year make and model of the vehicle, unless otherwise stated.
35. The steering shaft may be a collapsible shaft. Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release are permitted.
36. Must use stock type magnetic steel shocks bolted in the stock location. No adjustable shocks. No coil spring attached to the shocks. Ford Pinto may relocate the front shocks for wedge bolt assembly.
37. Springs must be located in the original position. You may run aftermarket springs, but you may not modify the spring bucket in any way.
38. May run screw jacks, wedge bolts, or adjuster cups.
39. Shackles permitted on the rear springs. Lowering blocks permitted. Stock type OEM multi-leaf style springs must be magnetic steel.
40. Strut cars must run stock or OEM replacement components, may brace top of tower. May alter the top of the strut tower with a slotted plate for the purpose of setting caster and camber. The strut towers must remain intact for support. If the strut towers are removed, you must add 35 pounds to the frame rail or chassis rail on each side that is missing. This weight must be welded or properly bolted in-line with the struts. (part of total weight)
41. Stock front and rear sway bars only, no adding of additional devises. No other adjusters allowed.
42. Any steel wheel 10” wide X 13” maximum. Bead lock rims permitted. Safety beads required on all wheels. One inch lug nuts recommended.
43. Racing fuel or pump gas only. No alcohol or additives.
44. If it is not mentioned in the rules, consult a tech official with your questions.
45. Cars will be inspected for tech and safety items prior to competition. Tech official has the final approval.
46. All other provisions will be dealt with through weight penalties, at tracks discretion.
47. Any tires. Any compound. May deduct 100 pounds if running 8” wheels and tires.