Do not make any modifications other than listed below without obtaining approval from the County Line Raceway officials in writing.
Mandatory Safety Rules:
1. 6-point roll cage with a recommended 4 door bars on left side and 3 bars on right side. All inner structures of hood and trunk lid may be removed. Inner structures of inside top of car may be removed. Inner structures of door may be stripped. All roll bars must be 1-3.4″ x .090″ wall seamless steel tubing. Roll bars must be welded to a minimum 3″x3″x1/4″ thick plate and secured SAFELY to the floor pan. A .20 gage driver’s door plate must be on 3 bars of the driver’s side roll cage. The plate must go from the front of the driver’s door to the back end of the driver’s door. Cage installation MUST be meet Walls Roofing UCAR Clash specs.
2. All cars must have a 6 point roll cage in your cars. The extra 2 bars will go at the right and left side of your car and will attach to the bottom rear trunk area of car and must be plated. 1 added support bar in rear allowed and must be attached level between left and right down bars.
2a. NO bars allowed to the front. All roll bars must stop at fire wall. You cannot tie front shock towers
3. Five point racing seat belts required and must be mounted in a manner acceptable to the County Line Raceway officials. Belts must be dated within the last 5 years to be legal. Anything older than 5 years is NOT acceptable. Date must be visible to officials to be eligible to race.
4. Approved helmets, goggles or safety glasses, gloves, shoes and fire suits required at ALL times. A neck brace is required. HANS is recommended but not required. The neck brace will be part of the mandatory safety inspection done by County Line Raceway officials.
4.a-Any driver at any time during practice, heat race or main event, that is seen by County Line Raceway officials without the required safety equipment will be immediately black flagged. Once safety equipment items are put on and approved by track officials, you will be allowed back on the track.
5. Fuel tank. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle, it may be used or can be removed and replaced with a fuel cell. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a maximum 8-gallon fuel cell, securely mounted, covered and centered in the trunk. A metal fire wall is required over all back seat areas. ALL fuel tanks that are replaced with fuel cells MUST be removed.
6. Window net must be mounted in the driver side window with opening secured with 1/2″ solid rod or 3/16″ x 1″ flat bar with the rear of top rod in slot and the front of the top rod secured with a leaver or seatbelt fastener. Fastener must be located in an area accessible to all rescue personnel.
7. Hood must be fastened with hood pins. One on each corner (4) Trunk can be fastened with hood pins on each corner or the hinges may be left on. If you have a fuel cell then you MUST use hood pins on the
8. All doors must be welded shut. No chaining of doors will be allowed.
9. Fire extinguisher 1 lb. minimum. Fire extinguisher must be in drivers reach and be up to date and fully
10. Padding around driver is required.
UCAR General Rules:
1. 1980 or newer American and Import front-wheel- drive 4 cylinder only. Maximum wheelbase of 105″. NO rear wheel cars of any kind allowed.
2. 4 cylinders only. No quad 4’s. 150 horsepower base. All cars with 150-180 horsepower will add 50 lbs. Cars with 180 to 200 horsepower cars will add 100 lbs. 4 valves per cylinder max-16 valve motors. ALL ETech motors are legal.
3. Weight will be double bolted with grade 8 or higher bolts with self-locking nuts on top and fender washered (min. 1 1/2″) from bottom through top on RIGHT side as far right side center of door as
3a. Eight valve cars will not have to carry any weight.
3b. all weight will be on the far right, center of door, of car. More weight will be added if needed to make all cars equal in speed. Any car with weight any other place in car will be disqualified-no questions
3c. Car weight and motor size will be listed on both sides of car on front fenders behind front tire.
4. No turbo or supercharged systems allowed.
5. A compression check on all motors will be done. Driver/Owner are to have the tech manual for make and model of car showing all motor specs including compression and bore and stoke. If you do not have your manual you are subject to immediate disqualification by track officials. All motors are allowed 10% above stock compression.
5a. All motors are allowed to bore motors to a max of .030 over stock piston. All engines will remain stock, inside engine and out.
6. No bracing or body modifications. Stock bumpers front and rear. Chains required on both bumpers for
7. Factory stock air cleaner system with no modifications. No K & N filters or performance filters allowed. Air filter housing must be in stock location with all stock parts and in working condition.
8. All body, frame, suspension, pedals, brakes, flywheels and all motor replacement parts must be completely stock and OEM or OEM replacement for the year, make and model claimed. Quick-release steering wheel coupler allowed. Car can start with ignition key or toggle switch. Gauges, radio and A/C control removal may be done to dash. The dash can be removed and a metal dash can be installed with all openings in fire wall covered with metal.
9. Stock ride height will be 5” minimum. This will be checked at all races. Ride height will be measured without driver in car.
9a. Minimum ride height is based on- After car has been stripped and all racing components including cage have been installed and cutting of OEM stock springs allowed, shocks must be OEM components only as per came on car. Any modifications done to shocks or shock towers will be subject to immediate disqualification by the County Line Raceway officials.
9b. No chains allowed for any reason on rear suspension or A-frames of car.
10. Battery can be mounted under the hood in stock location or on the left rear behind driver’s seat and well secured in a sealed box.
11. All insulation under hood must be removed.
12. Stock carburetor/fuel injection system for that make and model ONLY. Stock computers ONLY. Anyone altering computers will be disqualified. No questions asked.
13. Stock transmission, 5-speed or automatic, and stock differential. No locked differential. No altering of flywheels allowed.
14. Removal of A/C condenser and pump is allowed.
15. Removal of inertia switch is allowed; Ford fuel shut-off.
16. Removal of rear seat allowed. You must cover rear firewall with aluminum or steel sheet metal.
17. Electric engine cooling fans may be hot-wired to run constantly or can be put on a toggle switch in
18. EXHAUST: Must use factory exhaust manifold for that car. Must use factory unaltered stock muffler, glass pack or straight-pipe allowed. You must have tail-pipe exit either in front of rear tire or past rear bumper. Resonating exhaust tips not allowed
19. You may use cam bolt kits, camber adjusters, adjustable ball joints or slotting of the mounting holes in the control arms or lower holes in the struts by grinding or drilling only (no torch cutting) to achieve a maximum of 5 degrees positive or negative camber only. Do not in any way alter the upper mounting points of the strut tower. 3 degrees plus or minus of camber adjustment allowed on rear of car. Cut springs allowed STOCK OEM only. No aftermarket or performance springs allowed. Must be the same that came on that car-in other words no 6 cylinder springs allowed on a 4 cylinder car. Springs must be equal diameter and can be heated to lower car on left and right sides. See section and rule on
19a. Spring rubbers all four corners are approved. One spring rubber per spring only.
20. Crabbing of rear end allowed.
21. Windshield required. It May be replaced with 1/8″ LEXAN. No plexi-glass. All other glass components including windows MUST be removed.
1. All four wheels must be the same size and offset on all four corners and must be 13-14-15” tires. Aftermarket wheels allowed. 7” max. 3” max offset. Both 3”and 4” backspacing wheels allowed. Stock (OEM) steel wheels or aluminum wheels permitted Wheel spacers are permitted to allow for wheel clearance around brake components. No less than 3″ minimum backspacing, including the width added by the spacers. Extended wheel studs are allowed. HOOSIER 790s STILL ALLOWED ALONG WITH ANY STREET DOT TIRE 200 TREAD WEAR TIRE OR HIGHER.
2. No UCAR can soak tires at any track at any time.
3. All 4 tires and wheels MUST be the same size on all 4 corners
For any tech related questions, please call Four Cylinder National Tech Inspector, Garry Wilson at 919-614-1703.